Bel Canto Chorus Seeks Relationship Manager
The Relationship Manager is a full-time, hourly position responsible for cultivating relationships with Bel Canto Chorus’s donors and sponsors, concert patrons, concert vendors, outreach staff, community leaders, and volunteers (including adult performance chorus members). Duties include not only relationship management, but also all administrative duties associated with those relationships.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Development / Fundraising: Plan, develop and execute annual giving campaigns; develop new and cultivate current donors/sponsors; plan special fundraising opportunities and donor special events; manage donor database including processing donations, sending thank you letters, and maintaining accurate donor list by category for playbills; and other fundraising duties as assigned (e.g. annual gala assistance).
- Patron Management: Ensure public website is current and user friendly at all times; manage all social media posts; develop and distribute regular patron newsletter and external surveys; develop and manage comments / idea forum on public website; and invite community leaders to concerts and events.
- Program Relationships: Develop and maintain member handbooks for all programs; coordinate adult performance choir auditions; build relationships with Boy Choir and Senior Singers staff to coordinate all program needs including playbill creation and distribution; and all other Boy Choir or Senior Singers administrative duties.
- Concert Production: Coordinate all venues and vendors for rehearsals, retreats and concerts for all groups; arrange for all concert equipment needs including rental, delivery, setup and removal; plan and coordinate concert enhancements (speakers, food, special seating, etc.); coordinate concert volunteers; maintain concert week production schedules; and act as main point of contact on concert days for chorus, musicians, contracted vendors and venue management.
- Other Duties as Assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
Minimum requirements include:
- Associate’s degree or higher in a related field
- Ability to establish strong collaborative relationships with a variety of stakeholders and work with others in a cooperative and effective manner
- Strong organizational and time management skills; detail oriented and excellent follow through skills
- Strong customer service mindset and skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with entire Microsoft Office Suite
- Background and/or interest in nonprofit management and business administration preferred
An ideal candidate is one who is motivated and goal-oriented, has business experience, a professional presence and demeanor, and a passion for making a difference in the community, and also has the ability to work periodic nights and weekends for concert performances. Previous relationship management experience a plus.
Compensation and Other Benefits
Compensation is $12-14/hour commensurate with experience. Paid vacation, sick and personal leave. No other paid benefits.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to Bel Canto Chorus, 158 N Broadway, Milwaukee, WI, 53202.