Broadway Theatre Center Seeks Part Time Night / Weekend Box Office Supervisor
Night / Weekend Box Office Supervisor
The Night / Weekend Box Office Supervisor for the Broadway Theatre Center is responsible for overseeing the daily / nightly functions of the Broadway Theatre Center Box Office. The Night /Weekend Box Office Supervisor will create and maintain a positive first point of contact for Broadway Theatre Center audiences, ensure excellent customer service, and uphold smooth operations of all Box Office systems. The Broadway Theatre Center Box Office services Skylight Music Theatre, Milwaukee Chamber Theatre, Renaissance Theaterworks and various rentals throughout the season.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Night / Weekend Box Office Supervisor will successfully:
- Uphold excellent standard of customer service for all Broadway Theatre Center member group audiences while processing phone and in-person orders for single tickets and subscriptions.
- Supervise a staff of three-four individuals at any given time.
- Work closely with front of house staff during all shows and act as the point person for any ticketing matters/issues during performances.
- Ensure that all Box Office staff are up-to-date about Broadway Theatre Center productions, special events, rental events and/or any special offers.
- Open and close the Box Office.
- Report back to the Box Office Manager regarding all shows in the Broadway Theatre Center.
The Night / Weekend Box Office Supervisor reports to the Box Office Supervisor and Box Office Manager.
Candidates for this position should be a team leader with strong customer services skills, attention to detail, and have a sunny disposition.
Preferred (NOT required)
- Experience in a Box Office setting, including knowledge of ticketing systems such as Tessitura OR experience in front-of-house setting.
- Personnel management, including supervision and training experience.
- Experience in a non-profit performing arts organization.
- MUST be able to work nights and weekends, Wednesday - Sunday.
- Experience in dealing with a wide variety of people in a multitude of customer service situations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as strong attention to detail.
- An ability to prioritize and excel at many different tasks in a fast-paced environment.
PART TIME POSITION:
- Position will work 20-25 hours per week during the active performance season (August – June), with the possibility of fewer hours per week during the summer.
- Position will receive two free/complimentary tickets to all three theatre companies performances at the Broadway Theatre Center, as well as access to any staff discounts/special offers.
Start Date: July 2018
Interested individuals should submit by email a cover letter with resume to:
Kelley Arlt, Box Office Manager
Skylight Music Theatre
158 North Broadway
Milwaukee, WI 53202