Northern Sky Theater Seeks Full Time Business Manager
Want to join the Northern Sky team? We are currently seeking a full-time, year round Business Manager to work in our Creative Center office in Fish Creek, WI.
Qualifications: Degree in Accounting or Arts Administration (finance focus) preferred. Bookkeeper certification, relevant education or experience considered. Not-for-Profit business experience a plus. Working knowledge of accounting software, Windows and Macintosh computers including word processing, spreadsheets, data entry, and creation of mailing list/labels. Excellent customer service skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
OTHER PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
• A positive team player with a “can do” attitude.
• An interest in the performing arts and the ability to articulate their importance.
• A self-starter with a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
• A solid team player who also has the ability to work independently when necessary.
• A “big picture” thinker with attention to detail.
• A creative problem-solver who is able to “think outside the box.”
• Ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
• A poised and professional composure.
• Good judgment and ability to be discrete in communications.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Ensure business financial records are reconciled and maintained accurately, efficiently and harmoniously.
• Provide bookkeeping support to Managing Director and designated employees & board members.
• Primary responsibility for donation processing and record keeping – from donation entry to donation acknowledgement.
• Assist and train Development Director with/in development-related reporting.
• Maintain Total Info (Easy-Ware) CRM/Box Office database integrity as well as accounting software database integrity.
• Manage Accounts Receivable and record keeping.
• Manage Accounts Payable and record keeping. Managing Director reviews and has signature authority on payables.
• Perform monthly company credit card reconciliation to include receipt collection from all company credit card holders.
• Responsible for reconciliation of all company sales with assistance offront-of-house staff. Ensure sync of Total Info data and deposit numbers, and reconcile variance daily.
• Responsible for reconciliation of sales against cash/credit card totals at end of each day during off-season.
• Coordinate preparation for monthly third-party financials reconciliation to include balancing checkbook, recording necessary monthly journal entries and reconciling all accounts receivable.
• Prepare and execute year-end financial adjustments in accounting system.
• Assist Managing Director with third-party annual audit preparation.
• Manage Gift Card Inventory and annual reconciliation.
• Responsible for non-computer office machine maintenance.
• Type and archive Board minutes/correspondence in absence of Board Secretary.
• Provide supplemental customer service and box office assistance as needed.
• Maintain current tax forms for distribution to employees: update annual employee information packets, update annual company welcome letters and contract packets.
• Prepare and update all employment packets for visiting artists.
• Assist in collection of payroll paperwork and artist contracts. Assure payroll data is sent to payroll processor when Managing Director is unavailable.
• Become Total-Info CRM system process expert. Assist Box Office staff with Total Info technical questions at the request of the Box Office Manager.
• Coordinate the troubleshooting of all major ticketing and accounting software issues.
• Provide supplemental customer service and box office assistance in emergencies.
• Assume other projects and duties as requested by Managing Director.
• Positively support team members in their duties.
Reports to: Managing Director
Technical/Training Resource to: Development Director and Ticket Office Manager
Salaried position. Health insurance and HRA available.