Operation DREAM, Inc. Seeks Full Time Screen Print Shop Manager
What We Do:
Operation DREAM provides holistic support and developmental opportunities for young men and their families. Mentoring by successful individuals from the same communities helps them survive and thrive by instilling the grit, determination and resilience needed to overcome circumstances beyond their control.
How We Do It:
Operation DREAM, Inc facilitates its mission of strengthening Milwaukee’s Communities through mentoring, workforce development and academic support. We are seeking someone with a combination of experience and passion to play a key role in supporting Operation DREAM’s mission by ensuring that we deliver programs that are of the highest impact to the young men we serve.
Who We Are Looking For:
Operation Dream (a 501c3 non-profit) is a starting a creative design and apparel printing business and currently looking to hire a General Manager. DREAM Screen LLC will be a source of ONGOING income for the highly talented and extremely motivated young men in our program; while simultaneously exposing them to and teaching them a full spectrum of business skills. You will be their teacher, mentor, coach, and leader.
Position Experience & Skills:
We are looking for a self-motivated and results-driven General Manager to direct and manage Operation Dream’s Screen business activities and to develop and implement effective business strategies and programs. Duties for the General Manager will include P+L responsibility, allocating budget resources, formulating policies, coordinating day-to-day business operations, mentoring, monitoring, and motivating staff, scheduling production, managing operational costs, ensuring good customer service, implementing administration processes, engaging with vendors, hiring and training employees “predominantly from the Operation Dream program”, identifying business opportunities, direct selling, monitoring financial activities, and attending Operation Dream Board mtgs. Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision in directing business functions will assist our organization in maintaining relationships with clients, generating new business, increasing staff productivity, improving service, ensuring sustainability, and meeting business objectives.
The successful candidate for this role should possess excellent communication skills, superior knowledge of business functions, exceptional budgeting and strong leadership qualities. The General Manager should account for all business activities, support staff development, enhance efficiency, drive sales and improve revenue, maintain relationships with clients, enhance the organization’s image, and meet overall growth objectives.
General Manager Requirements:
- A true heart for underserved communities
- Knowledge of different business functions.
- Demonstrated ability in business/entrepreneurial leadership and success
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Strong work ethic.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Computer literate.
- Proactive nature.
- Screen printing industry experience a plus
Our ideal job candidate enjoys hands-on work within a fun environment, works well with others, and is not afraid to “roll up his/her sleeves” to lead by example. Screen printing is a detail-oriented process and we expect this candidate to have a high attention to detail, be a strong communicator and a leader.
You will also be trained to communicate our production needs to an outside contractor.
This is a full-time, salaried position with current shop hours 8-5, M-F. This position will include paid time off, paid holidays, and other perks.
Before taking over the leadership position, we will train you on:
- Manage print shop and pre-press employees daily duties to achieve necessary balance of production and quality
- Participate in the on-boarding process of new shop employees
- Perform training and maintain training guidelines for new shop employees
- Participate in necessary trainings to increase job performance
- Work with outside contractors to produce orders
- Manage + Maintain a high-level of overall quality, including pre-press print quality and quality of equipment
- Maintain high standards of Quality including print detail, proper curing, design + color accuracy
- Research + Development of new print techniques, products, equipment, suppliers, etc.
Manage Supply Inventory + Ordering + Maintenance
- Manage Equipment, Inks, Pre-press + Printing Supplies
- Manage shop supplies and ordering for all shop and print supplies
- Manage and perform scheduled maintenance on necessary shop equipment
- Manage Shop blank inventory, cleanliness and safety
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Paid time off, Paid holidays