Skylight Music Theatre Seeks Lead House Manager
SKYLIGHT MUSIC THEATRE
Skylight Music Theatre prides itself in producing the full spectrum of music theatre – from opera to Broadway musicals and everything in between. Skylight’s strength lies in the magical combination of music and song to tell a story in a way that words or music alone can’t reach. Whether in a beautiful operatic aria, a thrilling song and dance number from a Broadway musical, a Gilbert & Sullivan patter song or the work of contemporary composers who are blurring the lines between musical theatre and opera, Skylight Music Theatre continues to create productions that have a moving story to tell and compelling music through which to tell it.
The Lead House Manager for the Broadway Theatre Center is responsible that all front-of-house operations are conducted in a safe, courteous, and professional manner. The House Manager schedules, trains, recruits and supervises the Assistant House Managers and volunteer usher corps.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The House Manager will successfully:
- Recruit, schedule and train Assistant House Managers.
- Develop and maintain a master calendar for front-of-house supervision.
- Maintain an up-to-date schedule of ushers for all performances of Skylight Music Theatre, Milwaukee Chamber Theatre and other events. Ensure that the appropriate number of ushers are scheduled for each performance.
- Provide annual and ongoing usher training and recruitment. Communicate as needed with ushers for scheduling, training and recruitment.
Note: The House Manager will schedule themselves on a regularly distributed basis. During this time most of the administrative work would be accomplished.
The House Manager reports to the Director of Marketing.
Candidates should have excellent people skills, a sense of humor, energy and drive.
Experience in dealing with a wide variety of people in a multitude of situations in a polite yet direct fashion.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Superior strategic thinking and planning skills are required.
- An ability to prioritize and excel at many different tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with the breadth of performing arts management is a plus.
Compensation: Per shift basis (approximately 4 hours)
Start Date: August 2018
Interested individuals should submit by email a cover letter with resume no later than Monday, July 2 to:
Skylight Music Theatre
158 North Broadway
Milwaukee, WI 53202