Skylight Music Theatre Seeks Part Time Assistant House Manager
The Assistant House Manager for the Broadway Theatre Center is responsible that all front-of-house operations during performances and events are conducted in a safe, courteous, and professional manner. The Assistant House Manager supervises the volunteer usher corps during these performances and events.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Assistant House Manager will successfully:
- Brief, assign and supervise ushers for each assigned performance.
- Maintain communication with Stage Manager for each performance to coordinate start time at top of and after intermission.
- Review front-of-house for safety and appearance before and after each show.
- Resolve any seating, patron or latecomer issues.
- Prepare report following each performance.
The Assistant House Manager reports to the House Manager.
Candidates should have excellent people skills, a sense of humor, energy and drive.
- Experience in dealing with a wide variety of people in a multitude of situations in a polite yet direct fashion.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in house management and/or ushering.
- An ability to prioritize and excel at many different tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Interested individuals should submit by email a cover letter with resume to:
Deanna Gonzalez, House Manager
Skylight Music Theatre
158 North Broadway, Milwaukee, WI 53202