Skylight Music Theatre Seeks Part Time Lead House Manager
The House Manager for the Broadway Theatre Center is responsible that all front-of-house operations are conducted in a safe, courteous, and professional manner. The House Manager schedules, trains, recruits and supervises the Assistant House Managers and volunteer usher corps.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The House Manager will successfully:
- Recruit, schedule and train Assistant House Managers.
- Develop and maintain a master calendar for front-of-house supervision.
- Maintain an up-to-date schedule of ushers for all performances of Skylight Music Theatre and Milwaukee Chamber Theatre. Ensure that the appropriate number of ushers are scheduled for each performance.
- Provide annual and ongoing usher training and recruitment. Communicate as needed with ushers for scheduling, training and recruitment.
- House Manager will schedule themselves on a regularly distributed basis. During this time most of the administrative work would be accomplished.
The House Manager reports to the Executive Director.
Candidates should have excellent people skills, a sense of humor, energy and drive.
- Experience in dealing with a wide variety of people in a multitude of situations in a polite yet direct fashion.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Superior strategic thinking and planning skills are required.
- An ability to prioritize and excel at many different tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with the breadth of performing arts management is a plus.
PART TIME POSITION:
- Each performance shift is approximately 4 hours, and compensation is on an hourly basis.
- Events include theatre and cabaret performances (for Skylight Music Theatre and Milwaukee Chamber Theatre), rentals, weddings and daytime student matinees.
Start Date: Fall 2020
Interested individuals should submit by email a cover letter with resume no later than October 8 to:
Jack R. Lemmon
Skylight Music Theatre
158 North Broadway
Milwaukee, WI 53202