SummerStage of Delafield Seeks Box Office Manager
Box Office Manager - Job Description
The Box Office Manager is responsible for ensuring that anyone who interacts with the SummerStage Office or Venue, via phone or in person, has a positive experience. This includes assisting patrons with questions and ticket sales, assisting with Office tidiness & organization, and assisting Board of Directors and Artistic Director with small specific projects. The Box Office Manager may substitute as an Event Manager at the venue as necessary or desired.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to be a team player
- Ability to handle exchange of money
Before Office Hours
- Pick up mailbox keys from Office and collect mail from Delafield Post Office & Street Box.
During Office Hours
- Check messages on phone and email. Log & respond accordingly.
- Review previous night’s Event Manager report & follow up as needed.
- Prepare cash for deposit and ensure seed money for next event is correct.
- Greet any visitors in person and help with their needs & questions.
- Perform Ticket Sales.
- Ensure that The Box is stocked and prepared for events (includes charging devices).
- Update window signage and sandwich board.
- Create & send gift certificates and donation requests.
- Tidy Office & note needed supplies.
- Work on special projects from Board of Directors or Artistic Director.
After Office Hours
- Drop off deposits at local bank branch.
Terms of Employment
Schedule & Length of Term
- This is a seasonal position with potential to extend year-round.
- Beginning early to mid-May, Saturdays 11am-1pm
- Beginning May 30, 2019 through September 30, 2019 hold the following office hours:
- Mondays - flexible, as needed
- Thursdays & Fridays - 2pm-5pm
- Saturdays - 11am-2pm
Rate of Pay
- $10.00 / hour to be paid via direct deposit when payroll is processed on the 5th of the immediately following month.