Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra Seeks Director of Marketing
Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra (WCO) seeks a full-time Director of Marketing to join our dynamic team to lead the orchestra in successfully executing a world-class marketing and brand strategy to promote our indoor and outdoor concert performances across Wisconsin.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Marketing is responsible for planning, implementing, tracking and evaluating strategies that underscore the WCO’s brand and position. The position will lead a multi-channel communication strategy to drive earned and contributed revenue growth, while building and managing the organization’s marketing budget and working closely with the development team in stewardship and engagement.
As a key member of the leadership team, the Director of Marketing will ensure that the marketing and brand strategy align to help execute on organizational key strategies. The position supervises seasonal interns, various sub-contractors, with potential for full-time direct reports.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following are the primary/essential functions of the position, although are not all-inclusive.
- Uphold and drive the brand image and brand strategy
- Lead growth and acquisition strategy impacting new audience, donor/sponsorship marketing
- Execute campaign strategy for: brand development, advertising, Concerts on the Square (COS), Masterworks Series, Education, Public Relations, and event strategy to dramatically increase awareness, acquisition (ticket and/or membership) and revenue
- Lead the development, strategy and production of all collateral, ads, web content, social, earned media, etc.
- Develop ticket/patron acquisition programs to drive sustainable growth in subscription and single ticket sales for the Masterworks Series and other ticketed events
- Lead COS marketing and event strategy for monetizing COS (Friends of WCO, etc.)
- Manage budget, marketing partners, production partners, media, PR strategy/partners, digital marketing strategy, content strategy across web, social, email
- Launch strategies and execution for new markets and/or new run-outs (additional performances), including educational programs
- Support the growth, stewardship, engagement, and retention of donors through the development of marketing tools such as multi-channel campaigns, printed and advertising assets, and sponsorship level programs
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Journalism/Mass Communication, or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in brand and acquisition marketing and long-range planning
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong omni-channel campaign management experience
- Event marketing and social marketing experience is required
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and be a part of a vibrant team
- Ability to balance multiple projects under strict deadlines and budgets
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of arts marketing and/or classical music is a plus
- Experience hiring and managing a team of direct reports
- Experience creating and executing a marketing and production budget, including negotiation, ROAS or ROI analysis experience
The Director of Marketing position is a full-time salaried exempt position with full benefits package.