An Important Update on Theatre
By Ryan Albrechtson
Photo Credit: Ryan Albrechtson
Well, friends, we're on Quarantine Day #... actually, to be perfectly honest, I don't remember. I do know it's April Fool's Day, though, so here's a quiz titled "Is This a REAL Cat, or a Character From CATS: The Musical?"
... You're welcome? (Answers below.)
#1. Such drama in the eyes... is this a stage actor in a fur costume? Or... is it an orange cat?
#2. If this isn't a real cat, I'm floored by how realistic its whiskers are. Which one is it?
#3. So regal and classy... but is it truly a cat? Or a Jellicle? I DON'T KNOW.
#4. Is this cat somebody's Christmas gift? Or has it been gifted the chance to go to the Heaviside Layer?
#5. Is this cat staring out into a crowd of adoring patrons? Or staring at... nothing?
#6. I'm running out of clever headlines so just tell me if this is a real cat or not. Okay? Okay.
#7. I love the incredible set design in this picture. But the cat center stage... is that actually a very athletic and flexible performer?
#8. I don't have a very good MEMORY, so I can't remember if this is a real picture of a cat or not?
MEOW. Did you get the answers right? Check below!
1. This one is a REAL cat. Surprised? I am.
2. NOT A REAL CAT. This is actually Ken Page as Old Deuteronomy. I can't believe it!
3. Again, this is an actor, NOT and actual cat. This is James Barron as Bustopher Jones. I'm just as confused as you are.
4. This is a real cat with a bow place upon its head. That is all I have to say about it.
5. This cat is NOT a human. Instead, it is a.... well.... cat.
6. This one got me. Believe it or not, this is Geoffrey Garrat as Skimbleshanks, not a real cat.
7. It's hard to understand what's going on, both in the world and in this quiz. But, this is an actual cat.
8. We've finally made it to the end of the quiz. This one? Elaine Paige as Grizabella.
How did you do!? Thanks for having a little midweek fun with us, and keep those hands (paws?) clean!
Shout out to https://jelliclecats.fandom.com/ for the photos and information.